- What community thinks are the tourism resources
- What are the positive impacts of tourism
- What are the negative impacts of tourism on their lives and surroundings
The resource mapping exercise was done with Women and Youth of Bargaon, Surajpur, Nirmal Bigha and Sarilchak.
Method- Discussions and group work
Materials- Drawing Sheets, Pens, markers, adhesive tape etc,
Time- 1 to 2 Hrs
1. Introduction & Orientation- The meeting commenced with introductions. The participants and the facilitating team introduced themselves. The team oriented on how to conduct the exercise, its purpose and importance.
2. Exercise- The participants were asked to organize into small groups of 4-5 members each. The teams were given a drawing sheet each and asked to develop a tourism resource map based on the discussion among the members.
- 1st Map- Participants were asked to make map of area showing all the places that they consider are the places of tourism interest
- 2nd Map- After the 1st map, the participants were asked to make a Map of places of tourism interest with benefits/ positive impacts associated with each of them
- 3rd Map- The participants were asked to make a map showing tourist places and the negative impacts of the places on their lives and surroundings
3. After the map making exercise was complete the teams were asked to choose a leader from their group. The Group leader were asked to make a presentation on the group activities